* Do wear color near your face.
* Don't wear sweaters so long that they make you look short.
* Don't wear acid-washed jeans.
* Cropped pants can make you look shorter.
* Do wear a hipslip or minimizer under tight clothes.
* Patterned leggings can make legs look heavier.
* Don't overaccessorize.
* Handbags have to match your outfit.
* Black is boring.
* If you wear two pieces that are both navy, the colors have to match.
* Try something that's "not you" once in a while.
* Don't wear too many colors at once.
* Do wear black for an evening affair if the event is black tie.
* Do carry a small evening bag and don't overstuff it.
* Do sew Velcro on strapless bras and on your dress to keep everything in place.
* Don't wear a casual watch with very dressy clothes.
* Don't wear a casual jacket over a fancy dress.
* Don't wear anything too tight, too sexy or too see-through.
* Don't wear uncomfortable shoes.
* Don't upstage the bride in something that's too attention getting.
* Emphasize your best feature: Great legs? Wear short skirts.
* Create balance by wearing shoulder pads--they can make your hips look smaller.
* Wear loose, comfortable clothes in soft, drapey fabrics. They're forever forgiving.
* Choose belts that match your pants for an unbroken line.